Steps to Gain Dual Citizenship:
If you are in the Philippines,
• - File a "Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate (IC) pursuant to RA 9225” at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and for the cancellation of your alien certificate of registration
Those who are not BI registered and overseas should file the petition at the nearest embassy or consulate.
- Birth certificate authenticated by the Philippines National Statistics Office (NSO)
- Accomplish and submit a “Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate (IC) pursuant to RA 9225” to a Philippine embassy, consulate or the Bureau of Immigration
- Pay a $50.00 processing fee, schedule and take an "Oath of Allegiance" before a consular officer
- The Bureau of Immigration in Manila receives the petition from the embassy or consular office. The BI issues and sends an Identification Certificate of citizenship to the embassy or consular office.